Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Basics of our Faith

As I sit here and ponder all of the pearls of insight into the depths of my soul that I could share right now, I'm coming up short... I'm still right in the thick of processing all the ins and outs of Behavior Modification, so I'm finding it hard to exactly articulate my thoughts... I know that God is in the midst of doing surgery, but one thing that I feel affirmed in over and over again in throughout this process is, that even as I screw up and learn lesson after lesson because of my shortcomings, I'm loved and accepted. I'm beloved and cherished because of Jesus and not because I'm a perfect little saint that never screws up... if that were how God worked, I would be screwed!

For that reason, I LOVE this video!



Let me know your thoughts, or how you've experience this grace in your life!
I know the hardest part for me is to just accept it, even when I do screw up, there's some arrogance in me that just wants to earn His love so bad. But when I take a step back, I'm so glad I can't! Because when I'm totally honest with myself, I know I never could, I know I don't measure up to His standards, so I'm just grateful for His acceptance and grace on Jesus' behalf!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, good word my friend. Jon Coe talks a lot about moral formation in the series I gave you on dark night stuff. He says when people enter their "dark night" they are tempted by the trap that Mark Driscoll recognized as behavior modification. Coe says most in their dark night head one of two directions, moral formation or loose living. It is narrow path indeed.

    ReplyDelete